Thursday, November 7, 2013

Welcome to my kitchen!

I live in a 1 bedroom apartment. While it's decently sized for the Boston area, that's still not saying much. Fitting 2 people and 2 cats into our square footage can sometimes get stuffy. Amazingly, every Tuesday night we manage to cram 8 people (and 2 cats) into one apartment. Let's just say we're all good friends now. Sometimes there can be too many cooks in the kitchen, but it's the best kind of crazy you could ask for.
Except Bolt. He still doesn't like anyone.
Meet Bolt, short for Boltzman. He's a doll.

Oddly enough, it doesn't feel stuffy on Tuesday nights. It's warm and friendly, full of laughter and stories, hugs and sisterly disagreements on best cooking practice, and LOTS of noise from the Playstation (thanks, boys). Yeah, we're stuffed in there, but the last thing we notice is the space. 

I think the thing I'm trying to say here is that my kitchen changes on Tuesday nights. It's bright and happy in a way that only some of my closest friends can make it. Cooking just isn't the same for the rest of the week. I hope on our blog we can deliver that "Tuesday night WINK experience" and maybe a few great recipes to boot! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment